About Me

My photo
Author of Groovy modules: GBench, GProf, Co-author of a Java book パーフェクトJava, Game Developer at GREE

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Poison for Groovy Part 2

Unfortunately, I had success in generating a new poison for Groovy today (I already found another poison. Please read my previous post). 


There are three steps to generate it:


1. Get a Windows machine which has Groovy is installed in it. This is a VERY HARD mission.
2. Set JAVA_OPTS environment variable with a double-quoted string has a space character:
----
> set JAVA_OPTS=-Daprop="a value"
----
3. Run groovy:
----
> groovy -h
----


Then you'll get the follwing error:
----
value"" was unexpected at this time.
----


I already reported two issues related to this bug and provided patches for them (See GROOVY-4910 and GANT-126). I hope these issues will be resolved soon, Windows-specific issues are always left unresolved even if they have patches, though. 


Groovy is a cross-platform language that runs on a virtual machine, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment